Monday, August 27, 2012

The office life

So I'm here in Natick in the Mission office. This is where i will spend at least 2 days a week doing reporting and what not. But anyway let me tell you a bit about whats new.

I now live in Brighton MA which is right outside of Boston proper, very close to Cambridge (where harvard and MIT is). I am indeed in the city, in the middle of all the busy and crazy and hustle and bustle and i love it. We do have our own area to work in when we aren't out traveling around the mission or doing different assignments for President Packard. We attend the Cambridge 2nd ward and it is mostly young families. We are always around a lot of missionaries because of being in the city. We live with the Boston Zone Leaders and they are super tight. Elder M is my companion as I told you and its a lot of fun reminiscing with him about high school basketball days and what not. Its fun when people ask us where we are from and we get to say that we are both from St. George Utah, and yes we knew each other. That doesn't happen very often.

Another cool thing (one of many) is that we spend so much time with President Packard. I love that man. And he really takes our assignment seriously. He chose us to be his assistants and he definitely uses us as such and he tells us everything that is going on in the mission and often asks us for advice even tho he probably knows way better than us what he should do ha. Along those lines its weird to know about everything that is going on in the mission and all the upcoming plans that president has for the mission and really get to see first hand who he is. Its really a privilege and I'm humbled greatly at this assignment. There is much to do, a lot of people to get to know and help, and fun to be had.

If you can't tell, I'm psyched for this transfer. Life is good. There is so much more that I want to tell you about these last few days but if i did, I wouldnt get lunch and have a decent P day. So I love you all! Thanks for everything :)


Love,
Elder Brady Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment