Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Here I Go!

Well it is here.  I am leaving the MTC tomorrow at 4 am and will be in Boston in no time and teaching the wonderful people of Cambodia in my favorite language!  I honestly just love the Cambodian language! it is awesome.  I can't wait til i know it so much better but as for right now i feel like i will actually be able to communicate with the people and be able to teach them.  I think i might be able to joke with them too.... I hope.  I had my last interview with my teacher bro O. and he said some really comforting things.  He told me that his goal as a teacher is to get the new missionaries ready enough to when the time comes for us to go, we don't need the teachers anymore.  He told me that he knows that i don't need them anymore.  He said he is not at all worried about me and knows that i will work hard and be successful.  That made me feel so comforted and gave me a little confidence boost i was needing.  but don't worry i will not let it go to my head.  I will continue to work hard to master the language and help all those that i come in contact with.  I am so excited to go!  I love this work.  It is the best thing i could've asked for.  I love being able to have devoted the last 3 months to only studying the gospel and preparing myself for the rest of my mission.  I don''t even know where to begin to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all that He has given me. 
This week we had to say goodbye to one of our progressing investigators-Sokhaa (Bro Stevens) and it was the saddest thing.  I really had grown so attached to this investigator and loved and cared about him so much. He's not even a "real" investigator and i felt that way! I think i felt what it was like, just a little bit, to have charity.  It was an awesome and spiritual experience.  I am so ready to keep loving and learning and growing.
Sorry this is so short but i forgot to bring my notebook with all my spiritual insights and plus i will be talking to you tomorrow :) I am pretty sure that i will be calling in the morning and i am gonna try to call Blake and Nikki too so you be ready also :)
I love you all so much!  I have the best family in the world and i have no idea where i would be without them.   Thanks for all that you have done for me Mom, Dad, Blake, Karli, Ryan, Nikki, Brock, and Stacy!  I love you all very much and can't wait to talk to you tomorrow.   

Love,
     Elder Brady Johnson

1 comment:

  1. So excited for Elder Johnson to get out there and share his love of the gospel. Enjoy your phone call...and hang on...you get another one in two months! yay! :) All the best.

    ReplyDelete