Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Hey Everyone!
This email will be pretty short since i talked to the fam yesterday.  Yesterday was so awesome!  I love my FAMILY!!!!!!  Thanks for all that you do for me and for all the prayers.  I can feel them daily.  You guys are the best!  I don't know what i'd do without my wonderful family.  I LOVE YOU ALL!  Mom, once again, you are the best! thanks for everything you have taught me and thanks for making me who i am today.  I love you! 
Just some stuff I forgot to tell you about:  I continue to translate more in sacrament meeting.  I even said the sacrament prayer for the bread which is super hard and fast ha, and I translated a talk.  Now you must realize that when i translate talks I probably miss 50% of it,  but the point is I'm trying. And plus only like two people use the translation.  We have committed a 21 yr old guy to get baptized once he knows these things are true and he accepted.  We have no date yet tho.  We met with Y., our Thai friend and had a good review of lesson 1 and he remembered everything and even prayed for us!  He invited us back next Sunday and said he'd try to come to church.  Good stuff!  N. is a middle aged cambodian women that we've met with 3 times and she is progressing and likes learning from us but has no desire to go to church.  Hopefully that will change as she continues to feel the spirit. 
We had an awesome lesson in Elders Quorum in the Heritage Park YSA ward about thinking on the positive side and having a good attitude.  It really made me want to be better at being positive in all situations.  Ya alot of the days are rough but i learned from Elder A, my companion, that no matter what we deal with, "don't worry, just do it".  We just keep going and find the good.  If we are looking for the good, that is what we are going to find.  My goal is that whenever I start to think bad about an event or about another person is to stop and think of the good things about them or it.  I've already started to do so and i've noticed how much more happy I am.  I also try to always have a smile on my face. Smile more everyone!
Lastly, good luck D-Hills soccer DO WORK!  Take State!
I love you all and hope your week is filled with joy.  Keep a smile on your face.  I promise that it affects the mood of yourself and those around you.  Love life, it is such a precious gift! Talk to you later!

Love,
     Elder Brady Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment