Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Who's up for round 6?

Yup thats right, Im staying for my 6th transfer here in Revere!  Crazy stuff.  T- Texts were insanely suspensful and nerve wracking but its all over and there are a million changes.  Elder A and I stay the same cept for one minor detail, The Sisters are being taken out of our ward and moved to a different one.  So that means We are taking over the whole ward and area.  That means we take all their investigators and members they have been working with.  Its gonna be a crazy next few weeks but im excited. I feel like the reason they took out a pair of missionaries is becuase our ward has been doing so well that the mission pres thinks they can be covered by just one pair of missionaries.  The ward members are sad to see them go, and so are we, but now we are going to be super busy which i love!  So i will be celebrating christmas and my year mark here :)  Im happy about the results and look forward to combining these areas.  Im still the district leader too.  So before i forget, Mom don't forget to send me everyones christmas cards. Also, I can skype again this christmas and so i will probably do it around 4-6pm your time on sunday. 
Ok so now to answer some random questions, The weather here is so weird.  We had a record high november and so far its been between 40-60 in december which is apparently unusual. So i haven't frozen yet.  but today is cold.  I can't believe that blake and Karli are gonna have a boy! thats awesome.  Name him Brady Duh!  Thats an easy one :) or call him Stephan (brock and the Dhills soccer team know what im talking about) or call him Bill.  Thats all i got. 
Brock i feel for you man, the ACT is a tough one but watch, you will get like a 33 or something cuz you are just that smart. and plus, since when were you in choir? how come no one ever tells me anything?  Stacy, you are gonna be a ballroom dancing machine! You will have to teach me, cuz we all know its not cool when mom tries to make us learn hahah just kidding of course :)  No but seriously, i really want to do ballroom when i get back. Don't ask me where it came from cuz i don't know. 
So a month ago i was at my heaviest and i was 197lbs, so close to 200 but then i decided i was sick of stuffing myself and making myself eat more so i just stopped and went back to my normal eating habits and in two weeks i lost 12lbs haha isn't that crazy?  I try and still study khmae every day and i speak it alot to Elder A but he hardly ever speaks back to me in it.  I'm really really good at reading and comprehension but speaking fluency is a bit of a challenge for me.  I can say what i want to for the most part, its just slow.  Hopefully i will get transferred to providence next transfer cuz there is tons of khmae work to do there. And no, we never use our khmae these days cept when we go to the S family each week. But brother S started coming to church again and so i sit next to him through the classes and translate some stuff so thats fun.
Well our investigators are doing good.  Now that we have all the sisters' people our investigators pool tripled haha ya the sisters were on fire this last transfer and now we get everything. Its kinda nice.  We now have 4 people with a baptismal date in january so like i said before, we will be extremely busy.  I still don't know much about our new investigators but after this week I'll tell you about them.  G and R still have some issues but we still go over and we are preparing G for baptism. 
B is doing awesome!  He came to our ward christmas Party on saturday(which by the way was really awesome.  I was impressed.  The members who were in charge of it really out did theirselves.  The elders quorum had to do a dance/skit thing while the audience sang "Up on the Housetop" and they got us missionaries to join in and somehow i was in a santa suit dancing around the whole performance haha).  B came to the party all dressed up in his white shirt and tie that we bought him and he was clean shaven.  He stayed the whole time and really liked it. Our members were awesome with him and really made him feel comfortable.  That night we asked him if he wanted to come to church and if we should get a ride and he was like, "oh i don't know, we'll see what happens." The next day he comes walking into church with a huge grin on his face and said, "Bet you didn't think i was coming, did ya?" He is really progressing.   Oh funny story, we went over to his house one night and we watched a few mormon.org videos and then went to the kitchen and found that his daughter had taken all of his cigarettes out and snapped them in half haha then elder A told him that it was a sign from God to stop smoking.  but yep he is doing well and he told us that he had prayed alot that we wouldn't get transferred ha.  He is such a good guy.
Well family, thats all I got for right now.   I just want to let you all know that the longer I've been on a mission, the more evident it is to me the importance of serving a mission and that It is absolutely the #1 best thing in the whole wide world that a guy like me could do at this point in my life.  It is honestly just essential.  19-21 yr old boys HAVE to go on missions.  They just have to.  I am totally convinced that this work is true.  That this church is true.  I feel so close to my savior and I'm so grateful for this season and this time to celebrate Him.  I miss you all but I am loving it out here.  Make sure you all take some time to sit back and reflect about Christ.  He is the way the Truth and the Light.
Have a lovely week!

.Love,
     Elder Brady Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment